Choosing the best incubator for turkey eggs can help you raise healthy and happy turkeys that reach maturity on time.
Although you might think it will be easy to find the best incubator for turkey eggs, there are actually several things you should look out for before buying one, including build quality, temperature accuracy, and even warranties and return policies that may be offered by the manufacturer.
Unfortunately, there isn’t any reliable turkey egg incubator on the market. Most of them are for chicken eggs. As the turkey eggs are bigger, the auto egg turner will not work properly. So, either you need to replace the existing egg turner or do it manually.
Fortunately, I’ve put together this comprehensive guide that will help you select the right incubator for your next batch of fertile turkey eggs. I focused on incubators that do the other things right, i.e, temperature and humidity control and allow replacing egg turners.
Comparison Chart of The Best Incubator for Turkey Eggs
Best Incubator for Turkey Eggs
A turkey incubator can be an invaluable tool if you’re raising turkeys, whether as pets or for meat. With the right incubator, you can raise large numbers of healthy birds in a shorter amount of time and with greater ease than with other methods.
To hatch healthy and strong offspring, it’s important to start with the right incubator. If you’re new to hatching turkey eggs, it can be hard to figure out which models are the best fit for your needs.
1. Brinsea Products USAG47C Fully Automatic Egg Incubator with Humidity Control
Brinsea is always one of my favorite brands. While I was in search of a turkey egg incubator, this particular model caught my eye.
That is – unlike other models I have suggested below it does not require 3D printed egg carriers. It has large egg carriers available on the market.
This product is proven to be a solid one. In fact, I admire its design and hatching rate. However, they are damn expensive.
It costs around $600 for the egg incubator and Large Egg Carrier. However, it will be beneficial because with it you can hatch goose, duck, turkey, and chicken eggs.
- Simple and highly accurate digital control system with display of temperature,...
- Fully automatic control of humidity with integrated humidity pump
- Programmable automatic egg turning; Automatic temperature control in °F or °C...
- 56 chicken egg capacity but suitable for a wide range of egg sizes - large egg...
- Robust hygienic ABS plastics construction for easy cleaning
- Specifically designed for the Ovation 28 egg incubators
- Enables you to accommodate 9 large eggs such as goose or increases the capacity...
- Suitable for goose, quail, pheasant or small bantam eggs
- Robust hygienic ABS plastics construction for easy cleaning
2. Manna Pro Harris Farms Nurture Right Incubator | Egg Incubator for Hatching Chicks | 360 Degree View
These units are fully automated and allow you to hatch a batch of eggs with ease. Just follow your set temperatures and times, and in no time you’ll have healthy chicks ready to be transferred into their permanent coop.
They also make models that keep track of humidity levels so you can keep your baby birds healthy. Plus, there’s a backlit screen so you can follow your progress at any hour of day or night.
Should you buy it for turkey eggs? Yes, If you are willing to buy an additional correct egg turner. They do not do great in terms of rotating larger eggs that are more than 2.2 inches in diameter. So check the egg size before purchasing.
Why do I like it?
- Ventilation assisted by fans
- Temperature display on a digital screen
- There is an option of cooling eggs periodically
- Control of humidity automatically through an integrated system
- Temperature alarm for incubator and room
- Turning intervals can be programmed
- The egg will be turned automatically
- FOR CHICKENS, DUCKS & PHEASANTS: This incubator for hatching eggs can hold up to...
- 360° VISIBILITY: Our egg incubator features 360° viewability, allowing you to...
- 360° INDUCED AIRFLOW: Achieve optimal hatch rates with our egg incubator's...
- HUMIDITY CONTROL: Our user-friendly duck egg incubator features an easy-to-read...
- AUTO TURN & STOP: Effortlessly achieve optimal hatch rates with our chick...
3. JAEDO 170 Egg Incubator Poultry Hatcher
I liked the idea of the egg incubator. It’s versatile, can incubate up to a dozen eggs at a time, and lets you cook eggs in the incubator so you can have fresh eggs all the time.
The Jadoo 170 egg incubator is perfect for those looking to incubate chicken eggs, duck eggs, goose eggs, quail eggs, or just about any other kind of egg. Its Fully automatic egg turning system saves eggs from crushing and possible contaminating when manually turning.
It has 2-speed choices that can automatically turn up to 180 eggs in 9 hours (day) or 6 hours (night). The Jadoo 170 also features a well-ventilated hatching room with a cabinet door with an LED display)that lets you easily access the eggs.
Temperature Humidity Control Prevents diseases & chick embryo deaths caused by unstable temperature and humidity by maintaining a more stable temperature and humidity through insulation, fans circulation ventilation.
This incubator also features a humidity sensor, which maintains the perfect level of relative humidity to keep your eggs healthy and safe.
However, The JAEDO 170 Egg Incubator isn’t cheap, but it may be the best turkey egg incubator available today.
- Material: PC+ABS Voltage: 100V-120VV/50-60HZ Power:
- Roller Design: The shaft spacing can be adjusted to suit different types of...
- Multiple Functions: Built-in egg candler for easy to check eggs. From hatching...
- Dual Power Supply: Usually use 110V home power. Don't worry about power off,...
- Oversized Hatching Capacity: Up to192 eggs, 144 duck eggs, 96 goose eggs, 264...
4. Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Circulated Air Incubator with Automatic Egg Turner, White
This is a versatile egg incubator. I use this for including chicken and quail eggs also. This large egg incubator from Farm Innovators comes in at a low price point but manages to do so without having to sacrifice any features.
It boasts an accurate digital temperature control that reaches 50°C (122°F) and can automatically rotate your eggs 180° every 28 hours, making it perfect for hatching turkey, chicken, duck, or quail eggs.
If you’re starting out raising poultry or want to hatch some chickens with your kids, consider getting one of these guys.
- 40 Watts Pro Incubator
- Digital Display Shows Temperature
- Incutek Heater Is Fast & Accurate
- Heats to 100 Degrees Within Minutes
- Days To Hatch Count Down
5. KEBONNIXS 12 Egg Incubator with Humidity Display, Egg Candler, Automatic Egg Turner
Poultry, Ducks, Geese, Turkey, and Other Birds – The first thing to think about when you’re starting your egg incubation experience is whether or not you need an automatic turner in your new incubator.
This will save a lot of time because it spins around 180 degrees every hour so that all sides of each egg get an equal amount of attention.
One of the most useful things that I loved about-
- A powerful circulating fan drives an induced airflow system that ensures a stable incubator temperature distribution
- There is no need to purchase an additional hygrometer to monitor the humidity level in the incubator.
- For observing egg development, you do not need to buy additional egg candlers
- Temperature fluctuations can be controlled without opening the incubator lid.
- To prevent excessive turning of eggs, it stops turning them three days before hatching.
- ★ STABLE TEMPERATURE - Induced airflow system drived by a strong circulating...
- ★ DISPLAY HUMIDITY LEVEL - No need to buy additional hygrometer to monitor...
- ★ BUILT-IN EGG CANDLER - No need to buy additional egg candler to observe the...
- ★ EXTERNAL WATER TOP-UP - No need to open the incubator lid to avoid causing...
- ★ AUTO-STOP EGG TURNER - Automatic stop turning eggs 3 days before hatch to...
Consideration When Choosing an Egg Incubator for Turkey Eggs
incubators can vary in temperature by a couple of degrees. Be sure to check what your breed requires, some are quite particular and will even require different temperature settings during various periods of their development.
You should have a relative humidity (RH) inside your incubator between 45 and 55 percent. If you find that your incubation equipment has a lower RH than desired, you can add humidity by adding water to a pan under your tray or bubbler system inside your unit. Humidity can also be added by placing wet sponges on top of your trays.
Some egg incubators come with plastic, flat-bottomed trays while others may include wire-mesh trays which allow better airflow and give you better visibility when monitoring your eggs. Make sure any wires are no longer than 2 from the tray floor.
Besides, there aren’t a lot of options that we need to use larger egg trays. So, It is recommended, that if the product you choose doesn’t have support for turkey eggs, you need to use a 3D printer to make one.
*Note: Out of the 5 incubators, I have reviewed 3 need to create an incubator tray for large eggs.
Circulation fans provide air movement to your incubator; airflow is important because it ensures the even distribution of heat around each egg. Fans usually run automatically within an incubator but if yours does not, remember to turn them on at least twice a day for about 15 minutes.
*Note: Do not place fingers near fan blades as they may move fast enough to cause injury!
Incubators have come a long way in recent years. While they were once considered expert-only devices, many are now more accessible than ever before.
The key to choosing your first incubator, if you plan on hatching your birds, is finding a device that fits your budget, space requirements, and scientific knowledge.
To get started picking out an egg-incubating unit for your farm (or backyard), consider these three things: price, space, and convenience.